1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: Cadbury Easter eggs and other Hershey products
Place: 10:23 on cartoon network during Family Guy
Promotion: They show different animals trying to be the Easter bunny for Cadbury. The announcer says in a warm gooey sounding voice “nobody knows Easter better than Hershey. They list Hershey brand in general but focus on the eggs for Easter
Price: not specified
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Candy
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? It attracts animal lovers and kids alike, but it is specifically talking to mothers who will be buying candy for the kids.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? That Hershey’s is a superior product than other products. The other animals could be symbolic for other candy companies.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? Yes. The announcer’s voice makes the company seem friendly and kind but it also reminds you of smooth thick chocolate. The commercial gets the viewers attention.