1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or
promote the product or service.
Product: Charbroiled Turkey Burgers at Hardee’s
Place: During March Madness around 7:00
Promotion: The announcer says: “We hired Miss Turkey to promote our new burger…and thats just the way it is”. The commercial shows her in a bikini as if on a runway with closeups of certain body parts as she eats the burger. Then the picture goes to just the sandwich and the announcer states that it’s under 500 calories.
Price: Not specified
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Fast food industry
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? Men and women from the age of 17 to 45 or anyone who is trying to lose weight but loves fast food. Women will be drawn in by wanting to look like her, for men its the sex appeal.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? That the sandwich, being only 500 calories, will not make you gain weight because even Miss Turkey eats it.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? I can imagine it would work on gullible people but not all viewers. It could also offend women being that they are objectifying this model.