1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or
promote the product or service.
Product: Geico car insurance
Place: March madness around 8:00
Promotion: The over dramatized speaker asks if Geico can really save you up to 15% on car insurance, and then the scene switches to a ninja during a pre fight as he slashes the air with his sword to challenge his opponent. The opponent calmly signs for a package that is a tazer and he beats the ninja wielding a sword. Then the announcer says a 15 minute call could save you 15% or more on car isurance.”
Price: save 15% or more
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Insurance industry
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? People who own car insurance who are not Geico customers and may feel like their paying too much.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? That you can definitely save 15% switching to Geico while they add humor to it with the ninja scene.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? The commercial keeps the viewers attention and also arouses their curiosity about how much they could save if they switch.