1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: Red Robin Prime Chophouse Burger
Place: TRUE TV “Operation Repo” 7:10pm on Wednesday
Promotion: They show a girl doing her homework as the father opens her door and asks her if she wants to get a burger later. She says “Ooo Red Robin”? as her face lights up and her boyfriend pops out of the curtain and says “yum” which is Red Robins trademark saying. Then it flashes to the actual burger their advertising and show steam coming off of it and the burger being cooked on an open grill as the announcer recalls all that’s on the burger as its being made close up. It comes with steak fries and there are key words such as “loaded” and “piled high” with endless steak fries included. All for $6.99
Price: only $6.99
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Food/Restaurant industry
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? Age groups of 15 to 35. People that love eating burgers who may have a family. It shows a middle class family, the father in a tie indicating this. Families at the time this is shown sometimes get home late
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? That kids love eating at Red Robin so instead of cooking the family should go to Red Robin due to the time this commercial came on. Other than the restaurant being a family restaurant, it also works on people’s cravings with the way the food is portrayed and shown. It also portrays a home away from home cooked meal for a deal.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? This works because the commercial shows the family atmosphere and the good food all in one commercial.