1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: Esurance car insurance
Place: Food Network “chopped” 8:40 Sunday
Promotion: You can save $522 bucks if you switch to esurance online is announced first thing on the commercial two times in a row. The guy who is referred to as the saver and another employee try to out do each other by thinking of different ways of saying money. The guy wins because of his title and smugly walks away. This is the humor of the commercial.
Price: save $522
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Insurance
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? Middle class and low class group, blue and white collar workers who are looking to save money. Age range of 29 to retirement due to the type of show on.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? You can save $522 bucks if you call and switch to esurance. “Technology when you want it, people when you don’t” makes the company seem friendly and personable. This is also conveyed through the actors who are dressed professionally and the one woman who isn’t to attract the common person’s attention and to make it seem more geared to them in price.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? Yes, it’s a down to earth insurance commercial but it’s also professional so it targets white collar and blue-collar workers. The claim that it saves you $522 is attractive and at least causes people to check it out with the ease of it being online since most people are on their laptops at that time already.