1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: Progresso Soup
Price: Not specified
Promotion: The commercial shows a clean kitchen with multiple chefs diligently cutting up fresh vegetables. They implement humor into it with the added promotion of losing weight and being able to fit into clothes from when you were younger.
Place: HLN during the “Clark Howard Show” at 11:30 am on a Saturday morning.
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Food industry
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? It is played during a money management type show and it is showing people on the commercial in their mid 30’s to late 50’s. Possibly weight contentious people who take care of themselves. Middle class. This is their target market.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? That the soup is made fresh and can help you lose weight and look good again, even to wear your old college or high school clothes
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? The combination of the chefs in the kitchen scene, with the weight loss and humor make the commercial interesting and make the soup desirable through these means. Also, they show the wife cooking it and stirring and at the end show fresh vegetables going into the can while the announcer says “Progresso, you gotta taste this soup”.