1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: 2011 Outlander Sport
Price: starting at $18,495 or available all wheel control from $22,995.
Promotion: In the moving add, they show the vehicle driving in the snow with the wilderness and the snow covered mountains in the background. The add uses a lot of blue that fades into white as well as a bright aqua color for the exterior of the car. Its slogan “Build Yours Now” scrolls on the bottom in blue.
Place: An ad on the Yahoo Games home page at 9:25 pm.
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Automobile
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? Males in the age range of 29 to 40 who are active or want to be more masculine. The blue indicates a male target market.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? That the vehicle can handle the snow or an extreme weather/land condition with ease.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? Yes. It gives the car an extremely clean but tough look. Also the color they chose for the vehicle makes the ad pop.