1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: Almond Joy and Mounds Candy Bars
Price: not specified
Promotion: Unwrap your paradise. It shows a guy in a cubicle at work unwrapping a Almond Joy and suddenly his dull workspace turns into a mini tropical paradise as he lounges on a hammock.
place: REAL TV around 8:00 pm during the show “Most Daring” on Sunday.
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Food industry.
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? People who have desk jobs that feel stressed or bored who usually snack when they are feeling these ways. Probably in the white collar group between the ages of 32 to retirement.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? In the mundaneness of the job, choose an Almond Joy or Mounds for a bit of a break (vacation).
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? Yes. The tropical paradise that the man finds himself in while eating the candy bar is shiny, full of sunlight, and bright, as opposed to the drab office surroundings with artificial light. When they break from the office scene to just the 2 types of candy bars, they have a bright blue (which psychologically, the color induces a peaceful emotion) background with a white that fades out into the blue, further giving the peace from the humdrum of office life. All in all the commercial itself is an eye catcher and agrees with the “id rather be somewhere else” attitude that is common with office (cubacle) workers.