1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: Buitoni Premium meals
Price: Not specified
Promotion: Commercial shows scenes from Italy going through a scanner until finally the meal is scanned in the grocery store. It is then that they show the meal on a plate steaming and creamy.
Place: Comedy central between 8:30 and 9:00
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Frozen TV Dinner
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? Men and women, married without children who are in their upper 20’s to 50’s who are in a white-collar profession. Both husband and wife work till 5 and are too tired to make dinner.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? That just because you don’t have time to make your own dinner doesn’t mean you cant have quality meals.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? Yes, the ingredients they list and the pictures of the food coupled with the famous scenes of Italy make you think the meals are quality, authentic Italian.