1. Describe how the company/business used the 4 P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: LG Vortex by Verizon
Price: Buy one for $79.99 and get a second one free
Promotion: They use the fact that Valentines day is almost here and suggest this gift idea. The ad actually moves 2 times. The first is the announcement in big red letters that its V-Day. The next is the “limited time” offer of buy one of these phones and get the second for free. The ad is pink and red with 3 color options for the advertized phone. The price is the largest thing on the ad.
Place: An add on the side of my yahoo inbox
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Cell phones/communications industry
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? Men and possibly women who are looking for a better carrier than their current one, or who are getting ready to renew their contracts with Verizon. People who do not have a lot of money so when they get themselves something, they can get their significant other a gift for free. Married couples or those that live together mid 20’s and up.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? A buy one get one free deal for Valentines Day.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? Yes. If someone is in the market for a new phone and something to get for his or her significant other, this ad would attract them.