1. Describe how the company/business used the 4 P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: Insurance for military and their immediate families only.
Place: On Animal Planet during an episode of “Animal Cops” between 11:00 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Price: not specified
Promotion: The commercial showed a correlation between those in our military who serve overseas and those who have military husbands and wives who serve by taking care of the kids and responsibilities here in the states. They see that military lives are different from those who are strictly civilian families so USAA wants to serve those who serve.
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? Insurance
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? They are targeting anyone who serves in any branch of the military. Particularly families due to the way they show kids and moms who have a loved one over seas. The fact that they show it on a weekday morning may indicate they are targeting stay at home moms since someone who is in the military would not be home at this time. They also state in the commercial they serve veterans as well. Age range is very broad.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? They are saying they have been there and understand what it means to serve. So they want to extend their offer to serve them only in return.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? Yes it works. The commercial is many scenes of ways that military and their families serve. The commercial itself is honoring and appreciating these families by what the announcer says and the scenes that go with it.