1. Describe how the company/business used the four P’s to add value and/or promote the product or service.
Product: The PINK line of clothes such as their hoods and sweatpants
Price: Most items are above $25.00
Promotion: They are in every mall you go to. Some malls even have several stores. When this happens they alter displays, but the merchandise selection remains the same. It’s a great marketing ploy because it sure does cause me to look in multiple stores in the same mall.
Place: The mall of America
2. What industry(s) is the product or service a part of? As one of the dominating brands in the apparel and lingerie industry
3. Describe the target market (ie. what segments are being targeted)? It looks to me that this particular line (PINK) is targeting women and girls between ages 16 to 27. I see it as Victoria Secret expanding their target market, since their other lines are more for women in their early 30’s to late 40’s.
4. What unique value is the company trying to convey with the product or service? The value they try to convey for their customers is that if they wear the clothes, they will look hot.
5. Does it work? Why or why not? Any general observations? This is all over the catalogs where the models are strewn around in almost pornographic poses. I think also, its more of a status appeal. What woman doesn’t want to look and feel the extrinsic rewards that Victoria Secret offers.